Cindi has done it again! Last night I made her latest recipe, Spring Pasta, and of course it was delightful. I think I’ve mentioned already how excited I am for spring veggies in my farm share, and peas are one of my all time favorites!
One thing that I love about Cindi is how she tries to teach us that eating meatless doesn’t have to be complicated. A lot of people hold the thought that cooking without meat takes a lot of effort, and perhaps is even a little intimidating, but she shows us with her fabulous recipes that it can be easy. So, if you’re new to cooking meatless, new to cooking all together, or even a well seasoned chef, I’d highly recommend trying this one out!
Spring Pasta with Lightlife Smart Bacon®
- 1 16 ounce package rotini pasta (cook according to package)
- 1 5 ounce package Lightlife Smart Bacon (diced)
- ½ cup garden peas (out of shells, boiled for 5 minutes)
- 1 spring onion (cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup morel mushrooms (I couldn’t find morel so I used Shiitaki instead)
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- Parmesan Cheese (vegan or regular)
In large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add onions and stir every minute or so. After 3 minutes, add mushrooms, Smart Bacon and garlic. After five minutes, add peas and remaining olive oil. Add pasta and salt (to taste). Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
For more of Cindi’s recipes check out our Facebook page!
Lightlife Team Member