2011 was quite the year here at Lightlife. Working for a vegetarian food company with thousands of passionate fans means there is never a dull moment! Almost every day I interact with individuals who are unique, intelligent, and incredibly devoted to living a compassionate life style. I’m inspired by new recipes on a daily basis, and often deeply moved by some of the stories I get to hear about the various reasons our supporters choose to live the lifestyle they lead.
I could go on forever about the amazing experiences I’ve encountered here over the past year, but I figured I’d keep it to my top five! ;)
1. Lisa Donnalley told us how she maintains her vegetarian diet while serving our country stationed abroad in South Korea by eating Lightlife products. Talk about loyalty!
2. I asked you all why you choose to eat veggie, and why you choose Lightlife. Your responses were overwhelmingly inspiring and one of the highlights of my year!
3. The Boston Vegetarian Festival was tons of fun – but my favorite part was one woman saying to me as I handed her a Smart Dog – “This is my third hotdog today! Love it, love it, love it!”
4. One of our dedicated fans sent us a letter and a sonnet he wrote about his love for Smart Dogs. You’ll have to take my word that it belongs in our list of top five moments ;) We enjoy all the great things our fans send us and can’t wait to see if we get anything crazier!
5. Watching the finishing touches go onto our giraffe mural in the office. A symbol of what we stand for: The giraffe is good spirited, invokes good humor, travels lightly on the earth and thrives in a sometimes hostile environment. And, of course, the giraffe is a vegetarian.
It is our fans that make Lightlife who we are, and we would truly like to thank each and every one of you for making 2011 a year to remember! We have lots in store for you guys in 2012 and we look forward to sharing a happy and healthy year with everyone.
What are you memorable moments from 2011?
Lightlife Team Member