The time has come for me to say goodbye to Lightlife and the Blogitarian. I’m off to the mountains of Colorado this summer where I’ll be going to grad school for the next three years.
I have to say it’s a bittersweet ending for me, but it’s sure been a fantastic ride while it’s lasted. I’ll miss talking with all of our wonderful fans and hearing about your crazy kitchen adventures and journey to live long, travel light. Lightlife will always have a place in my heart…or my kitchen to be more accurate!
Enough with the sad goodbyes though – the exciting part is we’re looking for a new Community Manager to fill my shoes! (You can bring your own shoes if you insist😉 )
If you or someone you know loves our food, and cares about how the food people eat impacts the earth in which we live, we would love to hear from you. Please find the full job description below. If you’re interested send us a note with why you’d make a good Community Manager – it can be a simple email, video or whatever else you can come up with. Creativity is a plus! All submissions must be sent to Lightlife@Ketchum.com by July 15th.
I’ll be in the Copper Mountain area in Colorado 7/5 – 7/8 so if you’re interested and nearby give me a shout so we can meet in person!
To all my readers out there, it’s been real. Thanks for being you and making my journey a great one.
Your Lightlife Blogitarian
Lightlife Community Manager – Job Description
Approximate hours: 40-60/month (~25 hours/week); 6 month contract position with option to renew after 6 months (hours are subject to change throughout the duration of the contract)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: The public relations / social marketing professional should have at least 2-3 years of experience
QUALIFICATIONS: The public relations / social marketing professional should have a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in journalism/business/marketing, with a solid grasp of social media digital marketing. S/he should have excellent verbal and written communications skills. S/he must be detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines.
Founded in 1979, Lightlife is based in Turners Falls, Massachusetts, and is one of the pioneers of vegetarian foods and vegan food options. Lightlife is the leading brand of refrigerated meat alternatives, with well-known products such as Smart Dogs®, Gimme Lean®, Smart Deli®, Smart Bacon®, Smart Ground®, Smart Sausages®, Smart Wings®, Smart Tenders®, and Organic Tempeh and is expanding into frozen with the introduction of veggie burgers and entrees. Lightlife is committed to not only tasting good, but also doing good. Since the beginning, five percent of Lightlife’s net profits have gone to supporting the earth and healthy lifestyles, a commitment that Lightlife continues today. Please visit Lightlife at www.Lightlife.com on Facebook or Twitter, @Lightlife.
The Lightlife Community Manager will be the face of the brand, managing communications via the brand’s Facebook and Twitter pages. This digitally-savvy employee will be responsible for building the Lightlife brand both on and offline – someone with a passion for cooking and vegetarian foods would be ideal. While every day as a Community Manager is different, the role’s responsibilities may include:
- Content creation – write Facebook and Twitter editorial calendars; searching for relevant content to share with our communities; monitoring the pages and responding to the Community in a timely fashion.
- Social media marketing – create, manage and grow Lightlife’s presence through Facebook and Twitter (increasing Likes, Comments, Shares and increasing Talking about This metric; increasing Twitter followers to a lesser extent); Help drive social strategy.
- Offline events – attend Lightlife mobile tour sampling events (1-2/month), during summer and early fall; create strong ties to consumers on-site, build the Lightlife brand among communities and encourage on-site real-time engagement with Facebook and Twitter followers. Report live from the events to the Lightlife online communities.
- Public relations –manage incoming media requests (in tandem with Ketchum team) and build relationships with vegetarian, vegan and flexitarian-friendly media including traditional and social outlets. Candidate may participate in media interviews and speak at conferences on behalf of the brand.
- Analytics – proficient at Google analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continuously find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new tools.
- Monitoring – monitor the social communication around Lightlife products, provide strategic counsel and address with Consumer Affairs as needed.